06 June 2012

40 weeks

40 weeks - the 1 and only "on purpose" picture
I decided that now that this pregnancy is almost over I should document a few things about it. Just so that I don't forget. 


How far along? 40 weeks 
Due date: 6/7/12
Total weight gain/loss: +12-15 lbs depending on what time of day you weigh me
Maternity clothes? I added a "belly band" to my regular clothes around 12 weeks, Maternity pants around 20 weeks, then did the full switch to maternity clothes around 25 weeks. BEST DECISION EVER!
Sleep: …sleep what is that? My first 2-4 hours are pretty solid, but then i wake 2-4 times to use the restroom, or switch sides. 3 pillows is the minimum each night. I have been known to use 4 plus a body pillow. 
Best moments: When we got to see your cute "fetal pole" and then multiple ultrasounds as you've grown. You've been pretty stubborn and uncooperative for a few of them - lets hope it's just a phase. Love feeling you move around (the other day you put your hand through my belly button and I could see your cute hand print).
Food cravings: for the first few weeks I ONLY wanted to eat oranges and drink orange juice. But that came to an end about 20 weeks (see symptoms below). My sweet tooth has grown, especially for things like sweettarts, sour patch kids, or anything else sour. And fries from McD's I could eat every. single. day. no problem. 
Movement: First felt you move around 18 weeks and you've been a mover ever since. Your favorite time to let us know you're there is between 11pm-2am. 
Symptoms: I was a little bit sick at first - but I consider myself one of the lucky few who don't really get "morning sickness". Around 20 weeks my gall bladder filled with junk and pooped out. We discovered this after I started throwing up blood and all kinds of other goodness and had a ultrasound of my gall bladder. I had to cut out a bunch of foods like citrus foods and anything greasy (which as I said above killed my OJ obsession ... and I only slightly cut down on the fries). Then around 32 weeks I broke out in hives all down my arms, legs, and belly. After a visit to the derm. it was determined that I am allergic to being pregnant (yay!) so I've been taking a Claritin and putting steroid cream on every day. It looks better, but still itches like crazy.
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks started a few weeks ago... but nothing worth really counting. Obviously you're enjoying your time inside me. So there hasn't been much else going on. 
Stretch Marks: OH YES! I have nice thick red lines down my entire belly (not just below the belly button... how I got them so high I'd like to know), my sides, and down my legs to about my knees. Stretch mark cream doesn't work for me - I put it on religiously 2x every day. 
Swelling? Not too bad. My feet look like elephant stumps by the end of the day if I walk too much. I switched to flip flops only when I broke out in hives because my feet itched like crazy if I put shoes on - and they never went away
Belly Button in or out? Out. Completely Out. It's been described as a "alien" "a whole 'nother baby" and "freak of nature". A bandaid does an OK job holding it down. 
What I miss: Being able to walk like normal. Drinking a giant glass of water without it leading to 5 pee sessions in an hour. Sushi - we will be getting some soon! But honestly I wouldn't trade any of the crazy things that have happened for the world... even if it meant I was an itchy mess for the entire pregnancy. 
What I am looking forward to: Meeting you little girl. We've been waiting a long time for you - and we'd like to meet you sooner than later. 

7 comments:

Michelle Montgomery said...

Loved thist post. You will look back and be glad you have some of your pregnancy documented. Now...little girl get here!!!!

Dan and Laura said...

That's funny about your belly button. I'm totally curious now what it looks like. :) Congrats on this new and exciting time coming up! Best wishes!

Call Commotion said...

Oh seeing you prego makes me sooo happy! I am super excited for you and super excited for that little girl to have you as a mommy!! Good luck!

Tanis said...

I got all teary reading your post. How exciting that you are so close. You'll make a great mom.

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

I'm so excited for you!! I love this post. It was way fun to read.

Ashlee said...

Loved this little pregancy journal. But now that baby Halle is here I want you to post some pictures of her asap PLEASE!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you two! You are going to be the greatest parents. Congrats!!!